TDI's mission is to promote diversity and inclusion in the workforce by connecting job seekers with disabilities that we have prepared for employment to businesses in the community that have a need for their unique skills, talents and abilities.
Career Counseling & Referral Services (CCIR) training is designed to provide career counseling information and referrals to community services or resources for use by individuals seeking competitive integrated employment now or in the future.
The training we provide is presented in a manner that is understandable and facilitates decision making to assure the participant receives informed choice regarding competitive integrated employment opportunities. It is interactive, informal, and administered using diverse learning strategies. The curriculum we use must meet the below minimum requirements.
The CCIR training we provide include, at minimum, the following topics:
1. Introducing Self-Advocacy and Self-Determination in the career process
2. Identification of career interests through exploration, assessments, or activities, including identifying strengths, soft skills, and learning styles
3.Introduction of Supported Employment services, including additional customized employment options available
4. Identification of possible accommodations and supports needed for employment success
5. Information regarding the local labor market and potential jobs of interest that may be available
6. Review of transportation options and supports in the community
7. A review of benefit information and potential work incentives
8. Positive impacts from working
9. A list of self-advocacy, self-determination, and peer mentoring resources available within the local community