Need an employee?
Looking for a job?
AN ABLE TRUST INITIATIVE
The Able Trust is the leading Florida agency coordinating mentoring opportunities for students and job seekers with disabilities.
GOALS OF DISABILITY MENTORING
1. Provide people with disabilities the opportunity to explore a career interest and learn from a current practitioner what a day in their life is like.
2. Introduce individuals with disabilities to different employment opportunities so that they are better prepared to enter the workforce and can target their skills for a particular career path.
3. Increase confidence of individuals with disabilities desiring to enter the workforce.
4. Provide businesses and organizations the opportunity to interact with people with disabilities to dispel myths or perceptions about hiring people with disabilities.
5. Introduce businesses and organizations to the capabilities of an under-utilized labor market to promote diversity recruitment for a more inclusive workforce.
6. Introduce businesses and organizations to the concept of hiring a person with a disability to enhance internship and employment opportunities.
As an Able Trust community partner, TDI seeks individuals and/or organizations to facilitate career experiences for the individuals that we serve throughout the year. You or your organization can host an individual or group at your work site for:
• Work Site Tours
• Job Shadowing Opportunities
• Career Workshops
BENEFITS TO BUSINESSES & ORGANIZATIONS
There are many benefits to participating in this highly flexible, no-cost program:
• Meet Federal Guidelines for Recruitment, Outreach and Hiring.
• Help to meet Diversity and Inclusion goals.
• Increase access to a talent pool with highly motivated, engaged and dependable individuals with no commitment to hire.
• Enhance positive public perception.
• New perspectives that may otherwise go unseen.
• Inclusive and Diverse workforces are looked favorably upon by other potential candidates.
• Decreased turnover resulting in reduced new employment expenses and loss of production.
• Individuals with disabilities and their supports represent a trillion dollar market.
• Develop partnerships with non-profit agencies that provide no-fee assistance with hiring and screening.
• Community Outreach and Involvement.
For more information or to impact a life through participating in disability mentoring, please contact Liaison Vanessa Rodriguez at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 813-446-1644.
BUSINESSES WHO HAVE PARTICIPATED AS MENTOR HOST SITES